الخميس، 12 سبتمبر 2013

Yes, It Is A Million-Dollar Business, But How Do I Get Started? Here Are The Answers

I am greatly encouraged by the massive number of responses that I am getting on my articles about the million-dollar business of quail farming in Kenya. It is so unfortunate that I cannot currently respond to each email individually due to the high number and even worse, I cannot provide all that it takes to start the business to all the farmers interested in starting it. So I thought of the best way I can afford for now: to write a few important points on how to get started with quail farming.

In Uncovering The Gold: How To Start Quail Farming In Kenya, (please read that before reading this) I covered the three primary requirements of starting this business: 1, having a KWS license, 2, constructing quail cages according to KWS requirements, 3 breeding and feeding. I know the information we have there is scanty but as always, I welcome you to drop me specific questions on my email and I will be glad to address it. So let us do what I think are the last 2 steps to get you started on the business.

4. Caring for quails
There is a major advantage with the quail business in the fact that these birds are not as delicate as ordinary chicken. Can you imagine that you will not need to give them any vaccines? Yes, and you will not have to worry that a disease will come and wipe your entire stock. However, the greatest challenge is in taking care of quail chicks. They are delicate, of course due to their tender age and one thing that kills quail chicks fast is cold. You have to construct a good brooder for your quail chick s and ensure that they have warmth throughout the night.

The worst mistake you can do is to let your chicks soak in water. I can assure you one leg in water for an unnecessarily long period of time will squeeze the life out of the poor bird. As such, I advise that you remover drinkers from the brooders at night when you cannot really keep an eye on your chick.

5. Marketing
Now that you have your cages, you have been lucky to get breeding birds and you know how to take good care of your quail chicks, where will you sell the eggs and the mature birds? Well, I must say that I get surprised when people ask this question. The reason is that the market for quails in Kenya is too big and largely unsatisfied. By the way, if you have quails or quail eggs for sale please email me right now on enthiga@gmail.com or post that on our FB group Quail Farmers Kenya. Farmers looking to start quail farming provide the major part of the market.

The demand for quail eggs in supermarkets is also unimaginably high and there is no sign of satisfying it any time before 2020. And contrary to what people think, this market is likely to grow as more farmers get into quail farming. I know that does not make sense to you but think of it this way; few people know the health benefits of quail eggs. Only recently did the larger Kenyan community start emphasizing on white meat. So as more farmers go into quail farming, the faster the awareness in the benefits of quail eggs and meat will grow. The resultant effect is that the market will grow even bigger.

Tourist restaurants are other major buyers of quail meat and quail eggs. I don’t know the real reason for this but I guess most foreigners know the health benefits of quail products but cannot keep the birds where they come from.

Finally, as I visited one of the quail farms in Nairobi, I heard that there is a pharmaceutical company buying quail eggs for purposes of producing medicine. Well, I am yet to establish the truth about this but from the fact that quail eggs are high in antioxidants and the real benefits that I have seen them give to people with health complications such as allergies, high blood pressure and blood sugar problems, this claim is very close to the truth.


I am still putting together a complete guide on quail farming that will give all the details on the business. Meanwhile, I hope this will give you a good starting. And don't forget to join our FB group Quail Farmers Kenya I wish you success and see you at the millionaires club. 

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق