الثلاثاء، 19 نوفمبر 2013

Quail Farming Business In Kenya Gets A Huge Boost From Consumers And Neighbouring Countries

In the course of my consultancy work, aspiring quail farmers in Kenya have been asking one very crucial question: “What happens to the quail business when many farmers start producing and no one is buying breeding birds anymore?” Now I have some good news. It was just recently that The Nairobian daily newspaper published an article that enlightened us on how people with low libido can be helped by eating quail eggs. In Have a low libido?Eat quail eggs!, The Nairobian confirms that experts agree to the fact that quail eggs help improve “slow-punctured libido”. I have also met a lady who stopped using anti-histamines a few months into taking quail eggs.

Besides the now confirmed medicinal value of quail eggs, this has become a delicacy that most people, especially in Nairobi, love to have for breakfast. The trend is exciting me as I have now started seeing the consumer market for the quail farming business in Kenya expanding. I was so surprised that even large and reputable supermarkets such as Uchumi are not able to meet the demand for consumers.

But what excited me the most are the emails that I have got from outside Kenya. There is a lady from Zimbabwe who expressed a great interest in the business and actually wants to be the pioneer of quail farming business in Zimbabwe. I can only imagine what an opportunity this will be for the million-minded Kenyan entrepreneurs who do not hesitate to hit new grounds wherever their products can be bought.

Uganda and Tanzania have already started doing the business and most of the people that contact me for consultancy services confirm that they bought their birds in Kenya. The fertilized eggs production part of the quail business has received the greatest boost as the people outside Kenya prefer buying these eggs to hatch their chicks rather than carrying live birds all the way. It’s no wonder the price of fertilized quail eggs has shot beyond the Ksh.100 mark.

By the way, have you checked the prices for day-old quail chicks lately? I got a shock when a friend of mind called me to his new quail farm in Githunguri. He has very healthy chicks in a huge brooder and I was interested to know his source. He had bought them from a farmer all the way from Nyeri and paid Ksh.500 for each chick. Kenyans, let’s take this opportunity and make the millions; let’s also focus on the consumer market for eventually, this is what will sustain the business.

As always, do not hesitate to email me at enthiga@gmail.com whenever you have any questions regarding quail keeping in Kenya. I am glad to receive enquiries from other countries and do my best to help all to the best of my ability. Cheers and let’s meet at the millionaires’ club. 

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق